Emissions After-Treatment Engineer
BOSAL is looking to strengthen the R&D team in Lummen with an Emission After-treatment Engineer who will work on multiple multidisciplinary product creation projects and innovation projects for the emission after-treatment systems of passenger cars, commercial- and off-road vehicles of the next generation, both for gasoline and diesel engines. More specifically, based on the technical and legislative requirements for the desired system, you propose and validate design concepts to assure the emission after-treatment function. As a core member of Emission After-Treatment Core Competence Team, you will contribute to the development and continuous improvement of design methodologies and tools (using simulations and testing) to size and optimize the emission after-treatment systems.
BOSAL is an established global manufacturer of automotive and industrial equipment, both for the original equipment market and the aftermarket. BOSAL consists of 12 plants and 5 R&D facilities across the globe. The Emission Control Systems division is mainly focusing on supplying solutions for emission controls, energy management, and sound design to OEM customers in the automotive industry. Key customers include global players such as General Motors, Volkswagen group, Suzuki, Nissan, Renault, Ford etc. Through the global spread of the ECS facilities, BOSAL is able to localize global programs more efficiently and deliver customers’ needs for a larger range of products and technologies.
- To plan, organize, execute or coordinate the emission-related activities to achieve the milestones and deliverables of the project and to take a leading role in the problem-solving in emission-related concept work
- To draft and optimize the concept designs through use of simulation models, literature, analysis of CAE and testing results.
- To draft the prototype designs for testing.
- To initiate, follow-up and interpret CFD simulations.
- To report and present the progress to the project teams and to the OEM customer experts.
- To expand the know-how and to improve the tools and methodologies of the Core Competence Team Emission After-treatment.
- Master in Engineering Science or PhD
- Expertise in flow dynamics, thermodynamics, and emissions
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink is an asset
- Creative and communicative team player
- Flexible and entrepreneurial attitude
- International mindset
- Fluent in English, knowledge of German or Dutch is an asset, as are other languages
- Experience in an R&D working environment, preferably in automotive
- Experience in the design of Emission After-treatment systems, electrically heated catalysts, SCR
- Experience with 0D / 1D simulations
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis or CFD is an asset
Please send in your resume and motivation letter to:
Apply for this job