BOSAL is looking to strengthen the team of 7 Process Engineers in Lummen. Our Process Engineer is a core member in the product creation process for emission control systems (ECS) and reports to the head of process engineering. In this position you define and validate the manufacturing process.
BOSAL is an established global manufacturer of automotive and industrial equipment, both for the original equipment market and the aftermarket. BOSAL consists of 12 plants and 5 R&D facilities across the globe. The Emission Control Systems division is mainly focusing on supplying solutions for emission controls, energy management, and sound design to OEM customers in the automotive industry. Key customers include global players such as General Motors, Volkswagen group, Suzuki, Nissan, Renault, Ford etc. Through the global spread of the ECS facilities, BOSAL is able to localize global programs more efficiently and deliver customers’ needs for a larger range of products and technologies.
20% - 30% travel to our production plants worldwide is a requirement.
- Responsible for process definition:
- Conduct feasibility (Design for Manufacturing) study from quotation onward
- Deliver flowcharts, cycle time study, conduct VSM
- Propose SMART performance targets for OEE, scrap, SMED, …
- Deliver initial layout and manning, standardized work and times
- Initiate and update PFMEA
- Deliver machine and tooling list
- Provide all inputs to cost calculation
- Manage tooling RAACI’s with plants
- Define prototype tool concepts and test these concepts
- Provide production M-BOM
- Initiate Digital Twin simulations for feasibility checks in catalyst and tube processing, welding applications and general plant layout and participates actively
- Contribute to PFEP with packaging sheets
- Responsible for process validation till handover to plant
- Define key process characteristics and perform preliminary capability study.
- Define, Execute and report on acceptance tests at suppliers
- Support the plant engineering team in the production of the PPAP and R@R samples
- Provide core process technology expertise and participate in Core Competence Team.
- Master in Engineering science/Industrial Engineering
- Working knowledge of metal forming and joining
- Welding engineering is an advantage
- Good knowledge of plan reading, tolerance studies, datum reference system
- Good knowledge of design for six sigma techniques.
- Good English language skills
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Automotive Tier 1 or 2 supplier
Please send in your resume and motivation letter to:
Apply for this job